Monday, June 27, 2016

Meredith's Monday Musings: Manual Coloring Vs. Digital Coloring

Hi Everyone!

How are y'all doing today? It's Monday again! :-)

The topic for today is manual coloring vs digital coloring.

To clarify, I define manual coloring as the "old-fashion" coloring. Where a person is physically holding a crayon, marker, etc and coloring in a coloring book. Digital coloring, I define as, getting an app on your iPad, smartphone, etc and coloring with your finger or stylus.



I think everyone and their mother has noticed that coloring has become quite the trend. I can understand why. It's very relaxing being able to color. You don't have to focus on anything, you can let your worries fade away, and there's no pressure to make your picture perfect. For example, if I wanted to color a picture with purple grass, instead of green grass, that'd be okay.

With this trend becoming more and more popular, of course in our technological age, several apps popped up to color on your iPad or smart phone. Being the curious gal I am, I decided to check it out. I didn't know this digital coloring could have been better than the manual coloring I'd been doing my entire life.

I tried it out and I have to say, I don't like it all. When you color on your iPad or smart phone, you only have a limited number of colors to chose from and then you just click on the section of the coloring page, you want to be the color you chose.



I didn't like that at all because for me, what relaxes me so much when I color is the repetitive motion of getting to move my hand back and forth. Clicking on a section once to have it colored in entirely, takes away that relaxation.

Additionally, all of the coloring pages that come with these coloring apps have SOOO many lines with them. I don't like that at all. I enjoy having big open spaces to color, not constantly worrying if I'm staying in my lines or not. So yes, the coloring book that I have at home is one for young children because that's the only coloring book I could find that had pretty pictures with big open spaces for me to color.

That's all for now. I hope that everyone has a fantastic week!



2 comments:





  1. Thankyou for the valuable information.iam very interested with this one.
    looking forward for more like this.

    ac market


    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go here https://topspying.com/ if you are searching for a top spying apps!

    ReplyDelete