Monday, June 20, 2016

Meredith's Monday Musings: Morning Writing Vs. Evening Writing

Hi Everyone!!

Man, I can't believe that it's Monday already! It feels like it was yesterday when I was attempting to fix up my blog. I still need to work on that. Seriously, I think doing a complicated math problem would be easier than fixing my blog up.

Anywho, today's topic is all about morning writing vs. evening writing. With all of the writing that I've been doing this summer, I've discovered that I am a morning writer. After waking up, eating breakfast, I can sit down and pump out 4,000 words easy. I consider that a pretty good writing day.



When I would try to save my writing for nighttime, I would hardly get anything done. I would be tired and get easily distracted. I would rather watch Netflix or talk to my friends. So, I'd end up getting like 500 words written, if that.

For me, writing in the morning is easier than writing at nighttime because I'm not tired and I haven't gone through the day, so I have nothing to talk about or think about, beside writing.

Now that I know this, I will for sure, schedule my writing time in the mornings, so I can get as much writing done as possible. Hopefully, this will lead to me publishing a couple more books in a year, but who knows?



I hope that all authors discover when their best writing time is. I've been an author for almost two years, and it has taken me this long to finally figure out when the best time for me to write is.

If authors do know when the best time for them to write is, I wonder if more authors write better in the mornings or in the evenings. It's different for everyone. Some might enjoy writing at nighttime, as a way to forget about the stresses of the day. Some might be able to write whenever they wish. Each person is different and there's no right way.

That's all for now! I hope that everyone has a great week!!



3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty picture. I wish I could say I was a morning or a night writer- it really depends on so many factors for me. Like days that I'm babysitting, I take a good three or so hours to be fully awake- and able to write. Writing at night can be good- if my Master is at work and I don't have to babysit the next morning. Then there's week day versus weekend, which has its own issues. When we add my neurodivergence on top of that :D it's a lucky thing I ever finish a book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that you'll finish your book someday! Finding time to write can be hard, but when you find the time that works the best for you,it's great! :-)

      Delete
  2. The details presented in the above write-up are simply a great share. The well-written content reminds me of the impeccable MY Assignment Help UK service offered by the MyAssignmentHelpAU platform. If you are a student who is facing challenges in writing academic assignments, homework, dissertation, thesis, essays, case studies, reports, or presentations; the professional experts of this platform can provide you an intuitive writing experience in just a few clicks.

    For More info visit here : MY Assignment Help UK

    ReplyDelete