Monday, February 6, 2017

Meredith's Monday Musings: Working Out!




Hi Everyone!

How's everyone doing? I'm doing pretty good, but I'm tired. We've been in February less than a week and already I've been more active in it than all of last January. Today's topic for Meredith's Monday Musings is: Working out!

Who here likes to work out? Hmmm...it always surprises me when I see a couple of hands. Personally, I hate working out, it's like torture to me. Having to use a machine or be in a class full of other people, ick!! I always feel like everyone is watching me mess up a pose, if I'm in a yoga class. Or people are judging me when I don't run as fast as they're going when I'm on a treadmill next to a person.

Sweating. I hate being all sweaty and stinky. As soon as I start to feel warm or sticky, I like to go and take a shower. Being clean is one of the best feelings in the world to me. :-)

Putting aside the being around other people and sweating, a person has to deal with their muscles burning when they're completing their sets of exercises. Who enjoys that?! I hate it when I feel like my arms, abs, legs, etc are going to revolt and stop working for me.



Despite my lack of love towards all of the above, I have to admit, once the workout is over and the endorphins from all the blood pumping go to my head, I love working out then. (I know, just did a total 180 on y'all). It feels amazing to know that despite my hatred of working out in front of people, and sweating, and feeling like my muscles were going to stop working, once that work out is complete, I feel amazing. The day after a tough work out session, feeling those sore muscles, yeah it's annoying; but it also makes me proud that I breathed through the pain and finished the session.

So, what do y'all think about working out? Do you love it, hate it, or both?

Have a great Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment