Monday, March 20, 2017

Meredith's Monday Musings: Can "turn-ons" change?




Hi Everyone!

Happy Monday! How's everyone doing so far? I'm hoping that y'all are having a great start to your week! Today's Meredith's Monday Musing topic is actually more of a question and that question is: Is it common for a person's "turn-ons" to change? (I'm not sure if "turn-ons" is the right word, but we'll have to go with it, because it's the only word that's coming to me.)

I'll need to explain this question for everyone to fully understand it. When I first got introduced into the erotic genre, I stumbled upon a few non-consensual stories and hated them. Being the newbie that I was, it was too much for me to read these stories because I didn't understand them. I vowed that when I became an author, I was never going to write a non-consensual or even dubious consensual scene in one of my stories ever!!!

Fast forward two and a half years later and after reading multiple books, getting to understand the genre much more, I can now understand why people like reading and writing these types of scenes. In fact, I realized that I began to enjoy reading some of them, there are others that are still too much for me. (FYI: I'm not judging anyone who enjoys reading or writing hard non-con scenes, some of them are just too much for me.)



Anywho, I was starting to enjoy reading these types of scenes and then, I found myself writing my first ever non-con spanking scene AND a dub-con sex scene. I was shocked that I was putting either of these scenes in one of MY books after vowing to never do so. To make sure I wasn't going crazy, I read over the scenes I wrote about a week after writing them and they turned me on as much as they did the first time I wrote them.

After reading over them, it made me realize how much my "turn-ons" had changed from way back then to now. It makes me wonder if some of my other current "turn-offs" will change with time.

That's my story, now back to the question: Is it common for a person's "turn-ons" to change?

That's it for now. I hope that everyone has a happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment