Monday, April 10, 2017

Meredith's Monday Musings: Beauty and the Beast




Hello Folks!

Happy Monday! Less than one week left before Easter? Is everyone ready for it? I'm not. I still have to go buy my Easter meal. I'll get to the store sometime this week. One thing I'm really happy for is lent ends in 6 days! Woot woot! Going cold turkey with something you love is hard!!

To get on point, the topic for Meredith's Monday Musing today is: Beauty and the Beast!

I have a confession to make. I LOVE the animated version of Beauty and the Beast. It is my all time favorite Disney movie. Growing up, I watched the video so many times that my parents had to buy me a new copy of it for Christmas.

There's something so magical about the movie. Obviously, there's talking furniture in it, so duh there's magic in it, but I'm talking about the story. I love the concept that a beautiful lady looks beyond the hero's physical features and at his heart. Belle didn't care that Beast's outward appearance was not as handsome as Gaston's. She fell in love with his sweet personality. There's something so romantic about that to me.

On top of the beautiful love story, the movie has some awesome music in it. When I do the dishes, I love blasting the song, "Be Our Guest". It has a great beat and makes washing the dishes fun! Don't get me started on the actual "Beauty and the Beast" song. It's so romantic and makes me want to tear up each time I hear it.



I have to admit to you all there are two things that really make this movie fantastic. One is Belle's dress. As some of you might know, yellow is my favorite color. So growing up, I ALWAYS wanted to have a dress like Belle's. I was convinced if I did, I would be transformed into a princess. I went so far to tell my parents that for my wedding, my wedding dress would be Belle's dress. I've since changed my mind on that, but that goes to show you how much I love that dress! The second thing that made me fall in love with this movie was Beast's library that he gifted to Belle. Even as a little kid, I thought that was the most romantic thing a man could ever give to a woman. I would fantasize how it would feel to just sit and read in there. Oh my gosh, even know I wish that I could have a library like it.

Needless to say, I was in love with the animated version of this movie growing up. So when I heard that they were making a live action version of it, I got super excited, but also a little nervous. This movie was my favorite Disney movie, I was afraid that the life action version wouldn't live up to the animated version. I am very happy to say that it does!! The live action movie followed the animated version perfectly! The few changes they made to it, didn't harm the essence of the story either. It was super well done, which I am grateful for.

Do y'all have a favorite Disney movie? (It's okay if you don't).

That's all for now, folks! I hope that everyone has a great Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment