Monday, September 11, 2017

Meredith's Monday Musings: September-11th





Hi Everyone!

Happy Monday! How’s everyone’s week going so far? Hopefully, well. Mine is going okay so far. 

Today’s Meredith’s Monday Musing is all about: September-11th. 

Does everyone here remember September-11th? I don’t. I was pretty young at the time and I don’t remember it. I do however remember learning about it in school. I always hated learning about it. Yes, I know that is horrible to say, but let me explain.

Growing up, when I was taught about wars, I wasn’t happy to learn about the people who died in battles, but I knew that those men and women knew the risks when they signed up (or were drafted into the army.) Also, the men and women in wars knew what they were fighting, whether it be the South in the Civil War, the Nazis in World War 2, etc. There was always a common enemy that American soldiers could stand up to. 



With the attack of September-11th, the people who were hurt and died that day, they weren’t in battle. These poor innocent people were just at work, doing their jobs. They’d done nothing wrong. They didn’t sign up to join the army, they didn’t know what they were getting into when they went to work that day. Yet, they were attacked. 

The reason for September-11th is horrible. A group of extremists got together and decided they were going to attack America and for what? America has its flaws, we all know that. But, I don’t see a logical reason at all for what occurred on September-11th-2001 to have ever happened. That’s why I always hated learning about this event at school. 

I can rationalize why America participated in other wars and people were killed or hurt. With September-11th, I can’t do that. There is no sane way to rationalize the events that occurred that fateful day. That’s why I hated learning about it. Those people who died, shouldn’t have. Having to watch footage of people running away from the collapsing towers, it was heartbreaking.


With all of the above said, even though I really disliked learning about this day in school, I understand why we were taught it. The people who died that day have the right to be remembered. Also, by teaching every American about that awful day, it hopefully will allow it to never happen again. One of the only ways to stop violence is to educate people, so we don’t allow the same mistakes to happen for a second time. 

That’s all I have for today. I hope that everyone has a happy Monday!


1 comment: