Monday, December 11, 2017

Meredith's Monday Musings: Soap Operas





Hi All!

Happy Monday! How is everyone today? Hopefully, you all are doing well. I’m doing pretty great! I’m getting really excited for Christmas, it’s right around the corner. I have a couple of last minute presents to wrap, but then I’m done for this holiday season. Woot woot! 

Today’s Meredith’s Monday Musings is all about: Soap Operas 

Who here wants to admit that they used to/still do watch a soap opera? Anyone? I’ll admit that I used to watch All My Children. Growing up, my Mom would watch it and of course I wanted to watch the show with her. Before I knew it, I got hooked on the show. 



I use to love watching All My Children. My favorite parts were always the drama scenes. When the hero, Ryan would save the heroine, Greenlee from the evil clutches of Dr. David Hayward. There was just something so exciting about it! 

I think this is one of the reasons why I love writing romance books today. Whenever I read fiction books, they’re good of course, but they don’t have the type of drama, suspense, and passion between two characters as characters in a romance book do. As an author, these are the most fun scenes to write too! 

Sadly, in 2011 All My Children was cancelled. :-( It broke my heart. Thankfully though, a few other avid fans put up dozens of clips from the show, so whenever I get stuck writing a scene, I always have those clips to get my muse going again. 



Before anyone says it, yes I know that General Hospital is still going. However, it just isn’t the same to me as All My Children. I grew up watching that soap opera. I knew the characters and their back stories so well. With General Hospital, I don’t know anything, so it’s really hard to get into watching it. 

So, will anyone admit now that they watch soap operas? It’s okay, I promise not to tell. ;-) 

That’s all I have for now. I hope you all have a great week, everyone! 



15 comments:

  1. tutuapp apk
    tutu app apk
    tutu app download
    tutuapp apk download
    Whenever I read fiction books, they’re good of course, but they don’t have the type of drama, suspense, and passion between two characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, it will be great idea for students to take a look at these advices. Here you can learn more about argumentative essay topics

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting blog. PUBG Mobile Hack Unique UC Generator + BP Know about PUBG mobile hacks, tips, aimbot, wallhack, cheat codes, speed hack, bp hack, pubg mobile hack android no root, pubg mobile hack ios in this.. to get more info, you may check this website https://aleppo-ngo.org/is-it-safe-to-use-pubg-mobile-cheats/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding psychology case study writing services online is very easy as there many highly qualified professional psychology research paper service writers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello to everyone who likes to write articles and essays, I want to introduce you to an excellent site that will help improve your professional skills in your work www.essay-company.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which includes flight’s arrival and departure time, flight status, reporting time, flight delay and cancellation time, etc. Our expert customer support executives will update you through verbal flight info with just one dial 844 522 5022 available 24 hrs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our customer support professionals work hand to hand with the airport operations, which allows you to get airport accessibility related information. Furthermore, you can also get information regarding Allegiant Airline gate and Flights Reservation 844 522 5022 available 24hrs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great article!Thanks for sharing this article. You are doing great work Keep it up! Check out the way to fix CMOS Checksum Error . Lean how you can fix it at your own or feel free to call our experts on our toll-free numbers or visit our website to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The new report by Procurement Resource, a global procurement research, and consulting firm, looks in-depth into the costs involved in the Calcium Carbide Production Cost, Calcium Carbonate Production Cost and Calcium Hypochlorite Production Cost. The comprehensive report analyses the production cost of the material, covering the raw material costs and co-product credit, equipment costs, land and site costs, labour wages, maintenance costs, financing charges, and depreciation costs.

    Also Visit my Blog - https://procurementresource.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Profhilo Treatmentis a highly purified injectable hyaluronic acid skin booster. With special patented NAHYCO technology, Profhilo functions to hydrate the skin from inside, like an internal moisturiser, and stimulates the production of elastin and collagen. Together this helps improve skin tone and skin laxity and results in glowing, radiant, smooth skin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adult tricycle are similar to diamond-frame bicycles, but they have two wheels at the back instead of one. The recumbent form of tricycle is one in which the rider sits in a seat with a back and leans somewhat backward. There may be two wheels at the front or back of the cycle with this style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can totally relate to this post! I used to love watching soap operas but found that as the years went on, they have become more sensational and less true to life. It's nice to find something that still connects with the classic drama series that I used to love. Thank you for writing this article and bringing those memories back!

    ReplyDelete